Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So about the whole "V" part of vblog

It turns out that putting movies on the internet isn't that easy. So after a short-lived career as a vblogger, I have relegated myself to being a simple blogger. That's right, I'm going to write my posts out now. This is a sad day for mankind.


So. This is way harder to do than talking at my computer, but I'll see what I can do. What's good in Boston lately? Well, everyone's going nuts cause the Red Sox are once again going deep into the playoffs. Before I came out here, I told everyone that I was totally going to jump on the bandwagon for all the Boston sports teams. Once I got here, I realized that I don't like any of the Boston sports teams. And plus, how could I root against the Rays in the ALCS? I mean, how could anyone root against the Rays with a clean conscience unless they were a legitimate Red Sox fan? They're the Rays! They used to be the Devil Rays. Yes. That team. And now they've built they're franchise the right way, bottom up through the farm system by making smart moves in the draft. I think it's awesome that the Rays are showing the viability of player development in a league where teams increasingly become instant contenders through super free agent signings for ridiculous money. But enough baseball.


Lately, I've been getting sick of the Tufts party scene. I mean, when I got here, I went to a lot of frats and big house parties with 300 people in a basement because it was a huge novelty for me. We don't really roll that way in Shorewood. But after a month of going to the big parties, I began to wonder what the point of it all was. There's nothing particularly fun about being in a room so crowded you can't even move, let alone meet new people. And there's definitely nothing fun about being so packed in that when you get home, you can wring the sweat out of your shirt. I realized that I would much much rather hang out, Shwood style. Just chilling in Back Bay or at Atwater. The most enjoyable party experience I've had yet at Tufts happened on Sunday night. At about 2pm on Sunday afternoon, the entire campus lost power. I have no idea why. Around 7pm, public safety came around handing out flashlights and explained that there would be no power all night. Well, we had to entertain ourselves somehow. We just sat in my friends room in the utter pitch black. Most people's cell phones had run out of battery. Computers were dying. TV didn't even work. Dan picked up his guitar and started playing some sing alongs. His acoustic arrangements of "Sweetest Girl" "Hey Ya" and "Where is the Love" filled the room. It was chill. I got to know people better that night than I had going to frats with them for the last month and a half.

I hope we blackout this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. aw, that sounds so fun.
    i miss hanging out shwood style too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. By John's next post he will either do his blog by radio or he will fax it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Cookie!!!
    I agree. The frat scene isn't really my thing either. I feel like most people tire of the frat scene, actually. In fact, I haven't been to one all year. I'd much rather hang out in a room with all of 2 Flo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey John!
    Hope you are having fun at school and studying hard! Miss you guys, I'll keep reading what's going on with you!

    ReplyDelete