I was sitting around today having a little blast from the past. I was listening to Permission to Land by The Darkness. Man. That brought me right back to the glory days of the eighth grade. At this point, I asked myself, why did they never make another album? That first one was so cool back in the eighth grade. So I went on wikipedia and did some research. So here's the deal:
- They actually did make another album, One Way Ticket to Hell...and Back in 2005.
- It was total crap and didn't sell well at all.
- Some stuff happened and the bassist left the band, they got a new bassist.
- They decided to make a new album.
- The lead singer got checked into rehab for cocaine.
- He quit the band.
- The new bassist became the new frontman.
In this, I learned several things.
1. The Darkness now sucks because the amazing lead singer is no longer there, so they are no where near the same (the band is now called "Stone Gods")
2. The Darkness was soooooo good in the first place because the amazing lead singer was on coke all the time.
That's all I've got on the subject. Though they are now officially a one-hit-wonder, that one hit is still wonderful.
Flashback Friday - If it's summer in the Harrison kids' middle school years, you know it must mean it's time to go to Concordia Language Villages in Bemidji, Minnesota. This...
2 days ago